Thanks for running the show last week jsbell. Now back to our regularly
Updates since last meeting (on Monday, July 27th):
Scrolling (skobes, szager) [crbug.com/417782]
- Fixed under-painting issue on android. (skobes)
- Fixed a regression causing double scrollbars caused a previous bug
- Identified that scrollable elements with animated gifs will do a
full re-layout even if it's composited. (skobes)
- Fixed a hairy flexbox scrollbar bug where the size of the scrollbar
wasn't taken into account when computing the flexed size. (szager)
- Containing work cleaning up DepricatedPaintLayerScrollableArea in an
effort to have sane scroll bounds for the root layer. (szager)
CSS Flexbox (cbiesinger) [crbug.com/426898]
- Had a meeting with CSS flexbox spec authors last week and leared that
some areas of the spec that I've been working on implementing might
change further. Will follow up this week.
- Triaged a bunch of flexbox bugs.
- Up-streaming flexbox tests have proven harder than expected, might
take a week or two to resolve.
CSS Grid Layout (svillar) [crbug.com/79180]
- cbiesinger have been helping with reviews.
Region-based multi-column support (mstensho) [crbug.com/334335]
- Doing a lot of cleanup and bug fixing work.
- Containing working on support for nested columns, progressing nicely
but nothing landed yet.
Add API for layout (leviw, pilgrim, ojan) [crbug.com/495288]
- Working on moving layout box and descendants over to use the API.
Isolate core/fetch (japhet) [crbug.com/458222]
- No update.
Text (eae, drott, kojii)
- Text workshop in Helsinki, Behdad and Drott working on optimizing the
- Completed tests for styling and selection, found a few issues as a
result and have been working on fixing those. (drott)
- Unicode range matching is next. (drott)
- Continuing to talk to people about position observer, got lots of
feedback, mostly positive. (slighgtlyoff)
- kojii on vacation this week.
- drott on vacation this Wednesday until next Friday.
- cbiesinger in SF this week.