Updates since last meeting (on Monday, February 1st):
Scrolling (skobes, szager) [crbug.com/417782]
- Basic implementation of scroll anchoring landed behind the
--enable-blink-features=ScrollAnchoring flag. (skobes)
- Working on adding more test cases for scroll anchoring. (skobes)
- Adding about:flags entry so folks can try on mobile canary. (skobes)
CSS Flexbox (cbiesinger) [crbug.com/426898]
- Continued triage.
- Fixed main size calculation for overflow:auto.
CSS Grid Layout (svillar, jfernandez, rego, javif) [crbug.com/79180]
(since last grid update in late December)
- Fix auto track sizing with min-size:auto (svillar)
- Add support for repeat(auto-fill|auto-fit,) (svillar)
- Support for implicit grid before explicit grid (rego)
- Fix unknown named lines resolution (rego)
- Investigating issues with positioned items and RTL (rego)
- Layout tests refactoring (jfernandez)
- Investigating issues in orthogonal grids (jfernandez)
- Add "normal" for content alignment (jfernandez)
CSS Multi-column (mstensho) [crbug.com/334335]
- Working on cleaning up mapLocalToAncestor() in order to make it easier
and cleaner to fix a multicol bug.
- Intent to ship discussions continues, we might be able to unprefix
multicol real soon after all!
- Some work on the break-after, break-before and break-inside
properties. More or less ready to file a CL, once the intentery gets
CSS Houdini (ikilpatrick)
- Stay tuned for a separate blonk-wide update on Houdini progress.
Add API for layout (leviw, pilgrim, dgrogan) [crbug.com/495288]
- Converted BlockPainter to new line layout API. (pilgrim)
- Convert last use of RootInlineBox to the API. (dgrogan)
- Shim AXLayoutObject uses of InlineBox->layoutObject(). (dgrogan)
CSS Containment (leviw) [crbug.com/312978]
- Discussions about containment at CSS Working Group meeting with
standard body and other browser vendors. (leviw)
Intersection Observer (szager, mpb) [crbug.com/540528]
- Fixed handling of zero-sized target elements for observations.
- Fixed handling of cross-origin observations. (szager)
- Changed observers to use DOMHighResTimeStamp for notification time.
Text (eae, drott, kojii)
- Meeting with the Android fonts team to discuss needs and possible
integration going forward. (drott)1
- Working on resolving emoji and multi-locale issues on Android, some
parts are tricky, some parts are easier. Will continue to work with a
android fonts team after the Tokyo workshop. (drott)
- landing the remaining parts of SymbolsIterator/EmojiSegmentation,
until now where I am hitting this issue of having to address graphemes
as a unit of fallback with Behdad first - as per my comment on the
last CL in the series. (drott)
- Working on font fallback for symbol/emoji fonts on Android with
bungman on the Skia team. (drott)
HTML Tables (dgrogan)
- No updates since last week.
- Finished work to make LayoutUnit construction explicit. (leviw)
- Fixed weird broken zooming logic in offsetTop/Left calls. (leviw)