We had Sergio Villar (email@example.com) from Igalia join us this week.
Sergio is a long term contributor working primarily on CSS Grid Layout.
Updates since last meeting (on Monday, June 8th):
Scrolling (skobes, szager) [crbug.com/417782]
- Fixed hit testing by making the LayoutView absolute-positioned.
- working on HitTestRequest::IgnoreClipping [crbug.com/499053]
and the zoomed-out viewport issue.
CSS Flexbox (cbiesinger) [crbug.com/426898]
- Continuing to update to match spec, progress according to plan.
CSS Grid Layout (svillar) [crbug.com/79180]
- Fixed a regression caused by the recent migration from parenthesis
- Working on adding a new step to the track sizing algorithm.
- We need to find someone to help with grid layout reviews to unblock
Region-based multi-column support (mstensho) [crbug.com/334335]
- Fixing multicol fuzzers. Looks like the fuzzer storm has finally
calmed down this week.
Isolate core/fetch (japhet) [crbug.com/458222]
- Improved API between core/fetch and the rest of core.
- A bunch of small crash/use-after-free fixes.
Text (eae, kojii)
- Fixed a long-standing issue in positioned objects layout ordering.
- Unicode variation selectors support in progress, waiting for reviews.
- Investigating orthogonal writing modes issues. (kojii)
- Investigating abspos issues in vertical flow. (kojii)
- Investigating/triaging failures of imported CSS Writing Modes tests,
also working with external contributors to fix in upstream. (kojii)
- Working on CSS Writing Modes spec issues, primarily to simplify rarely
used features. (kojii)
- Working on shaping word-by-word, initial prototype shows very
promising results. (eae)
- Added option to dump line box tree when dumping layout tree. (szager)
We currently have 1592 open bugs for the Cr-Layout label.
- Untriaged: 475
- Priority 0: 0
- Priority 1: 135
- Priority 2: 958
- Priority 3: 19
We need to get the number of bugs down so from now on each weekly update
will include the number of bugs for each category and the delta from the
- skobes OOO 6/17-6/22
- drott getting up to speed.
- szager OOO next week.
- drott OOO Thu-Fri this week.
- eae gardener Wed-Thu next week.