In Blink, there is a special repository where committers can create Git branches that are accepted as pushes. In this repository, refs/heads/* is kept closely in sync with the official Git mirror, so it is a pretty reliable way to work. Here's the quickstart guide to using this repository, adapted from the original announcement email
- Navigate to https://chromium.googlesource.com/, log in with your chromium account, click 'Generate New Password', and follow the instructions.
- cd <blink_src>; git remote add -f wip https://chromium.googlesource.com/experimental/chromium/blink
- Hack on some code then commit it locally
- git push wip HEAD:refs/wip/<chromium username>/foobar, which creates a publicly accessible branch. Any developer can pull with: git fetch wip '+refs/wip/<chromium username>/foobar:refs/heads/foobar'
Please restrict pushes to the refs/wip namespace, specifically in the
following format: refs/wip/<username or codeword>/<branch name>
If you want to force origin to sync with the experimental repository, do the following:
- cd <blink src>; git config remote.origin.url https://chromium.googlesource.com/experimental/chromium/blink
- git config remote.origin.gclient-auto-fix-url False
- git remote update