Last updated May 2021
Loading on the web is user centric, sustainable, fast and delightful.
- user centric: the experience is described through key user moments or needs, and assessed against a perceptual model of performance.
- sustainable: a sensible contract between Web developers, UA and users about how a web application loads, with usage of memory / power / data that is proportional to value.
- fast and delightful:
- Meet the Core Web Vitals thresholds
These are the goals we should strive for.
Some aspects might be extremely challenging but making progress toward these is what should drive our work.
- Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org is our public discussion group for all things related to Loading in Chrome.
- crbug: blink
- File a Speed bug
- Include the "Loading" keyword in the subject if the issue fits within the scope of the North Star.
- If you are not sure, don't include the "Loading" keyword, triage will make sure it shows up in the right bucket.
- Same steps but try to record a trace (select every trace categories on the left side).
Reach out via loading-dev@ and tell us more about you:
- share your particular interest and expertise
- tell us how familiar you are with chromium development
- point to CLs if not a lot of developers are familiar with your work
Your friendly PM: kenjibaheux
Blink TLs: kouhei, yhirano (blink>network)
"Here here!": reach out to kenjibaheux@ if you want your name to be added here.
- OOR-CORS: Ouf of Renderer CORS