Documentation for Administrators
This page describes the features and details of Chromium’s central management of policies and preferences.
Chromium supports methods of managing the browser's behavior centrally, through group policy, MCX files, and external configuration files. This gives you, as an administrator, a way to manage the installations of Chromium-based browsers in your organization.
These policies are strictly intended to be used to configure instances of Chrome internal to your organization. Use of these policies outside of your organization (for example, in a publicly distributed program) is considered malware and will likely be labeled as malware by Google and anti-virus vendors.
- Windows Quick Start
- Mac Quick Start
- Linux Quick Start
- Turning off Auto-Updates
- Full list of supported Policies
- Common problems and solutions
- Policy templates
- Configuring other preferences that are not policies
- Configuring Apps and Extensions by Policy
- Pre-installing Extensions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Supported directory path variables
- Known Issues
- iOS MDM Policy Format
- Advanced Integration for SAML SSO on Chrome Devices
- Guide for Chrome OS SAML SSO smart card integration
- Complex policies on Windows
- Policies on Webview
- Administrative Log Messages
You can view all of the Enterprise feature requests and bugs sorted by their milestone on the Chromium bug tracker.