Deliver Blink bugs in crbug.com to engineers who are responsible for the bug area by adding Blink>Foo components.
We don't have a common instruction yet. The below is an example, and you don't need to follow it. Important points are:
Task 1: Handling Component=Blink issues (mandatory, daily)
2) Read the issue description and comments and add Blink>Foo component and remove Blink component, if the area/ownership is clear. Otherwise:
- If the issue has not enough information, ask for additional information, add Needs-Feedback label, and add your email address to Cc field.
Add a Next-Action value set to 14 days from the current date.
You're responsible for this bug. You should handle the bug until you identify Blink areas or feedback timeout.
This link shows the list of bugs of this kind you are responsible for.
- If the issue doesn't seem to be reproducible, but plausible, add Needs-TestConfirmation.
- If the reproduction is too complex to understand the culprit area, add Needs-Reduction.
- If you understand the culprit, but can't find an appropriate Blink>Foo component (eg. by looking at similar bugs resolved in the not-too-distant past), email crblink-rotation@ (and/or add Hotlist-BlinkNoLabel, this is TBD). You should find an owner if the bug looks serious.
Task 2: Reducing/Confirming Component=Blink bugs (mandatory, daily)
1) Search for "Component=Blink Needs=Reduction", choose one, and investigate it to identify Blink areas by reading HTML/CSS/JS code and/or making a reduction.
2) Add Blink>Foo components, remove Blink component and Needs-Reduction when confirmed and updated the status accordingly, if needed.
Task 3: Handling issues without Component: field (optional)
Do the same things as task 1 and task 2 for issues without Component: field. If an issue isn't related to Blink, add appropriate non-Blink components such as Component: