Blink API owner requirements
Requirements for API owners
- Chromium contributor in good standing, with a commitment to Blink’s mission, core values, and values in practice
- The person's organizational affiliations must be compatible with API owners service as regards CLA status
- Commitment of 1-2 hours per week to review intents, in addition to the API owners meetings
- Demonstrated understanding of the Blink Launch Process [Evidence:
Shipped APIs following this process]
- Internalized the principles and emulated them. [Evidence: links to their own Intents with discussion threads highlighting how things like interop, compat were tackled]
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to review Web Platform features. [Evidence example: Input/guidance on 10+ blink intent threads over the past 6 months]
Optional, but desirable qualifications
- Mentored other teams through the API process. [Evidence: Mentorship feedback/notes, links to threads they chimed in on, that were not their own intents]
- Contributed to improving the API process. [Evidence: Process improvement proposals, process documentation]
- Experience navigating disagreements/contention. [Evidence: Examples of such discussions on any public forums, not necessarily Blink intents]
Becoming an API Owner
- Candidates that meet the qualifications can be nominated by a current API owners to the rest of the API owners group.
- A candidate may also self-nominate via communication to firstname.lastname@example.org (a mailing list with only the API owners subscribed to it), or to one or more of the API owners.
- The nomination should include an explanation as to why the candidate meets the criteria above, including links to evidence to that effect.
- A nominee will be appointed to be an API owners once the nomination gets 3 LGTMs and no objections.
- Once the nomination is approved, an email will be sent to the blink-dev mailing list announcing it. If it is rejected, a private email with explanation will be sent to the nominee.
- Consideration of nominations will happen in a timely manner.