Primary contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Team CharterThe Style team is a group of engineers, working at Google (Sydney and Tokyo), Opera (Oslo) and Samsung. We are tasked with improving the style engine in Blink. Our responsibility is to maintain and improve style resolution and application (core/css/resolver, core/style), as well as the other parts of CSS (core/css).
The Style Team triages bugs with the component Blink>CSS.
- Support Polymer with new engine primitives
- Explore and improve performance predictability
- Refactor style engine to be more feature oriented
- Ship CSS Typed OM
- Remove SMIL
- Finish building out Web Animations 1
- Slimming paint V2
- Complete Heaviside
- Maintain ‘code health’ by improving and optimizing style components (CH).
- Maintain ‘feature health’ (FH).
- Interface with the rendering steering team to help decide whether to either accept and implement, or reject proposed CSS features.
- Triage CSS issues as they arise (and eliminate the backlog).
- Maintain existing features as necessary.
- Improve knowledge of feature usage and deprecate rare and expensive feature.