HP Chromebook 14
This page contains information about the HP Chromebook 14 that is interesting and/or useful to software developers. For general information about getting started with developing on Chromium OS (the open-source version of the software on the Chrome Notebook), see the Chromium OS Developer Guide.
- CPU: Haswell Celeron 2995U. 1.4GHz, dual-core, 2MB Cache
- RAM: 2GiB or 4GiB DDR3 (Soldered down...sorry kids)
- Display: 14" 1366x768. 200 nits.
- Disk: 16GB SSD (NGFF M.2 connector)
- HDMI port
- 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0
- SD slot (SDXC compatible)
- Headphone/mic combo jack
- Camera & mic
- Keyboard & touchpad
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- USB ports can handle some Ethernet dongles
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Servo header: Standard 2x25 / AXK750347G
- Kensington Security Slot
Caution: Modifications you make to the system are not supported by Google, may cause hardware, software or security issues and may void warranty.
Details for working with developer mode can be found on this page.
Opening the case might void your warranty.
If you must open the case: Remove 13 screws, 4 of them hidden under small rubber plugs (not under the large round rubber feet) and then crack open the case at the seam, starting on the edge close to the touchpad. See also: https://youtu.be/IrIRLbZ4npY