Create a CL
For a more thorough introduction, see the appropriate section of the Developer Guide.
Here's the basic flow when creating/uploading a CL for review:
- Navigate to the project you want to create a CL for, I'll use src/scripts as an example: cd ~/trunk/src/scripts
- Start a new branch that tracks the remote master branch: repo start <name of branch to create> .
- Make the changes you want to upload, and then commit them, following the commit message format.
- Upload your CL by typing repo upload . --cbr
- You'll get given a URL to your CL on Gerrit where it'll be reviewed. Add some reviewers and wait for them to check your change.
- Once you've been given +2 for your change, mark it verified assuming you've verified it works and commit ready.
- Wait for the commit queue to pick your change up. If it passes the commit queue, it'll be merged. If it fails, a comment will be posted on the review and you'll get an email telling you as such.
- Congrats! You've contributed your change!