Licensing in Chromium OS
Note: This is not legal advice; if you want that, consult a lawyer. This section discusses purely technical measures that are available in the Chromium OS distribution.
Select the area that you're interested in:
- Licensing Handling For Package
- e.g. people writing ebuilds
- Licensing Handling For OS
- e.g. people generating images
- Internal Licensing Handling For Chromium OS
- e.g. people dealing with the license generation logic
Chrome OS credits all the open source projects used in each version of Chrome OS on each device.
There is no single license file that is correct for all devices and all versions, so please go to settings/help (or type chrome://help) and click on "open source software" (or type chrome://credits and chrome://os-credits).
If you would like an online version, a necessarily not up to date version of the OS credits can be found here: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/91e5715acfa6cac439f98438f1bedade3d863b9a/chrome/browser/resources/chromeos/about_os_credits.html