This is the home page for testing. You should find everything related to writing tests, modifying existing tests, and running tests here. Please feel free to send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
We run unit tests using the Portage test FEATURE. For instructions on how to run and add your own unit tests, follow these instructions.
Here's a description of some common developer workflows
When iterating on a test, you might save some time by using the autotest_quickmerge tool.
These documents discuss test cases and (eventually) test suites.
Autotest User Doc describes the integration of autotest into the build system, along with FAQ and specific descriptions of various tasks.
This has additional info on how to run the smoke test suite on a Virtual Machine.
Before you check in a change, you should also do a trybot run locally, which will run unit tests and smoke tests in the same way that the builders do.
- Autotest Best Practices - Start here when writing any code for Autotest.
- Autotest Developer FAQ - Working on test cases within Autotest.
- Autotest Design Patterns - Recipes for completing specific tasks in Autotest
- Existing Autotest Utilities - Coming Soon!
- Using Test Suites - How to write and modify Test Suites
MobLab is a self-contained automated test environment running on a Chromebox.
- ==MobLab Home==
- Dynamic Test Suite Implementation
- Test Dependencies in Dynamic Suites
- Suite Scheduler AKA Test Scheduler V2
Servo is a debug board for Chromium OS test and development. It can connect to most Chrome devices through a debug header on the mainboard.
- Chamelium automates external display testing across VGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort (DP).
- Chamelium with audio board automate audio testing across 3.5mm headphone/mic, internal speaker, internal microphone, HDMI, Bluetooth A2DP/HSP, USB audio.
- Chamelium capturing and streaming tool to monitor audio underruns.
- Chamelium USB audio to setup external USB audio devices