Setting up SSH Access to your test device.
In order to run the automated tests against your device you need to ensure it is running a Test Image and you have password-less SSH Access.
- First make sure you have a Chrome OS Device with a Test Image installed.
- If you are a Google partner, please contact your Google representative for Google Storage access to our builds for for automated re-imaging of your test devices via the devserver (described below).
- Download a test image from the public waterfall http://build.chromium.org/p/chromiumos/waterfall
- Or build a test image.
- Once you have a test image, install it on your test device.
- Next, install the RSA keys to allow you SSH into the device.
- Download the testing RSA keys into ~/.ssh/ (on your test server).
- You can get the key from the chromiumos checkout under chromiumos/src/scripts/mod_for_test_scripts/ssh_keys/testing_rsa
- Or download from https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/chromite/+/HEAD/ssh_keys
- Restrict the permissions on ~/.ssh/testing_rsa; SSH will ignore the file if the permissions are too open:
$ chmod 0600 ~/.ssh/testing_rsa
- Add an entry for your device in your ~/.ssh/config:
Host device HostName 172.22.168.233 # The IP address of the Chrome OS Device. CheckHostIP no StrictHostKeyChecking no IdentityFile %d/.ssh/testing_rsa Protocol 2 User root
- Once you have done both steps verify you have password less login as root:
$ ssh device Warning: Permanently added '172.22.168.233' (RSA) to the list of known hosts. Last login: Mon Mar 17 14:21:30 PDT 2014 from 172.18.72.8 on ssh localhost ~ #
- If connecting to multiple test devices, you can share common config options in your ~/.ssh/config:
Host 172.22.168.* # The subnet containing your Chrome OS test devices. CheckHostIP no StrictHostKeyChecking no IdentityFile %d/.ssh/testing_rsa Protocol 2 User root Host device1 HostName 172.22.168.233 # The IP address of the first Chrome OS Device. Host device2 HostName 172.22.168.234 # The IP address of the second Chrome OS Device.
Note: you can also reach your device via ssh if using a Dev image, but you will need to enable the debugging features on the setup screen after a flash or powerwash.