How Extension Docs Are Served
The documentation for Chrome extensions and apps is served at developer.chrome.com/extensions and developer.chrome.com/apps by Google App Engine.
See https://cs.chromium.org/chrome/common/extensions/docs/README to learn how the extension/app docs are generated.
Have you found an error in the documentation? Either submit a patch (see below)
or file a bug with label
Cr-Platform-Extensions at the the issue
- Check out Chromium's source code, see Get the Code: Checkout,
Build, Run & Submit (
gclient runhooksis optional for this purpose).
- Find the relevant file that you need to edit (e.g. by visiting cs.chromium.org and pasting a quoted snippet from the page that you want to edit).
- To view the documentation locally, run
src/chrome/common/extensions/docs/server2/preview.py(this will serve the documentation at http://localhost:8888, add
-p [port]to serve on a different port).
- After updating the documentation, upload the patch to codereview.chromium.org (see also: Contributing Code).
- Others can preview your changes by visiting
https://chrome-apps-doc.appspot.com/_patch/*[issue id]*/extensions/(or /apps/).