Sync diagnostics (Needs update)
Sync Data Best Practices (Needs update)
Unified Sync And Storage proposal (Needs update)
A library that implements the client side of our sync protocol, as well as the Google server-side infrastructure to serve Google Chrome users and synchronize data to their Google Account.
The goals for this protocol include:
- Store/sync different kinds of "data types", e.g. bookmarks.
- Allow the user to connect to the server from multiple clients simultaneously.
- Changes the user makes in one client should be immediately reflected in other clients connected to the server.
- Allow the user to make changes to their data even if the server is unreachable, such that changes made while offline are synced with the server at a later time.
- Resolve data conflicts on the client without prompting the user.
TODO(crbug.com/1006699): Nowadays we have directories with reasonable meaning and dependencies between them. Describe that here, just like the password manager folks.