Resources for developers new to the Mac platform:
- Depending on what you're touching, you may not need to modify UI code or write Objective C at all in which case you don't really need any of this.
- Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X by Aaron Hillegass is a great starter book on Cocoa programming, working through the examples will get you pretty far in terms of understanding the fundamentals of Cocoa.
- From C++ to Objective-C by Pierre Chatelier is a free online book introducing Objective C.
- Objective-C Development in Chrome by krstnmnlsn is a collection of basic information about working with Objective C in Chrome along with pitfalls to avoid.
- Intro to Chrome Mac Development is a shorter summary of things specific to Chrome + Mac, with links to useful parts of the code.
More in-depth stuff:
- Mac OS X Internals by Amit Singh is the defacto reference for low level OS X programming topics.
- Advanced Mac OS X Programming by Mark Dalrymple and Aaron Hillegass .
Stuff you should read on this site:
- Mac debugging tips - a page with details pertaining to debugging Chrome on Mac.