Status Update Email Best Practices
- Send to list with +status, e.g. email@example.com
- Minimize boilerplate subject line.
- Summarize highlights in subject, or as the first line of the email.
- Main content follows as a bullet list of key status updates.
- Every 2 weeks works well for many projects. Adjust as appropriate given the news of an update.
- For feature status updates, link the feature on chromestatus.com.
- Optimize for skimmability.
Subject: Bluetooth Status - Experiment targeting M51, Opera demoed at MWC.
Web Bluetooth provides Bluetooth GATT Access to web apps.
- Additional launch
have moved the planned experiment launch from M50 to M51.
- Issues include tab indicator and fuzzing. Additional feature improvements are stretch goals to improve demos.
- Started migration to Mojo, and eventual migration to Blink.
- Starting to seek partners to have in hand for Chrome Dev Summit.
- Opera demoed Web Bluetooth at Mobile Web Congress and shipped it behind a flag in Opera for Android beta.