Windows Installer Tests
The mini_installer_tests build step is a full lifecycle test of Chrome's Windows installer. The test does variations along the following theme:
- Ensure the machine is in a sufficiently clean state such that Chrome can be installed.
- Install Chrome.
- Verify various state on the machine to validate that the installer succeeded.
- Launch Chrome.
- Verify that something resembling a browser window opens.
- Quit Chrome.
- Verify that all Chrome processes go away.
- Uninstall Chrome.
- Verify that various state on the machine is no longer present.
The task output should show detailed installer and Chrome logs in case of failure.
First build the mini_installer_tests target. The simplest way to run the test suite (from an elevated cmd prompt) is to first cd into your build output directory and then run the tests like so:
vpython3 ..\..\chrome\test\mini_installer\run_mini_installer_tests.py [test_name]
Specify individual test names as, for example: installer_test.InstallerTest.test_ChromeUserLevel.
Run it with --help for more options. Note that you should use the vpython that comes with depot_tools as other versions might not work.
Contact grt at chromium dot org.