Creating a Bug Template Url
The following fields can be pre-populated with a value supplied in the URL. Using links with these query parameters present allows you to guide end-users to enter an issue that is tailored to a specific need. Usually defining a template and specifying just a template value is better than specifying other values in a URL. The user must still review, edit, and submit the form.
|Form field||URL query parameter||Values|
|Template||template||Name of a defined template in this project|
|Summary||summary||Initial summary string|
|Description||comment||Prompt text to show in issue description area|
|Status||status||Initial status value|
|Owner||owner||Username of initial issue owner|
|CC||cc||List of users to CC|
|Components||components||Comma-separated list of initial component values|
|Labels||labels||Comma-separated list of initial label values|
Constructing your URL:
- Start w/ the base url -
- Example: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/entry
- Add your query parameters
- Example (using the "Defect from user" template) - https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/entry***?template=Defect%20report%20from%20user***
- Wiki - How url parameters work.
- Publish as a quick link (https://goo.gl/ works well).
Tips and Tricks:
- For descriptions you'll need to url encode the text. Here's a site to help you.