How to Bulk Edit
Did you know that Monorail has a super powerful bulk editor built-in? If not, then let me tell you more... or better yet show you demo (I promise, it's really straight forward).
- Search for the issues that you want to bulk edit, using the correct "bucket" (e.g. "Open Issues", "All Issues", etc...).
- Pro Tip: Depending on what you are doing (e.g. moving issues between components), it may be advisable to change the default search from "Open Issues" to "All Issues" to ensure that future queries continue to work.
Pick the issues that you want to bulk edit or click on the (Select) All" issues link.
From the "Actions..." drop down, select "Bulk edit..."
- Edit away. To remove values (e.g. Components, Owners, Labels, etc...) you simply have to select either ("Append +=" or "Remove -="). Click on the "Update Issues," and watch it work...magic.
- Pro Tip 0: It's good practice, when making a bulk edit to add a comment!
- Pro Tip 1: To move a component or label w/ a single edit... use the "Append +=" mode, start w/ the component that you want to add, and then starting with as dash "-" add the second component that you want to remove (e.g. "Blink>GetUserMedia, -Blink>Webrtc>GetUserMedia" would add the Blink>GetUserMedia and remove Blink>Webrtc>GetUserMedia"*
- Pro Tip 2: If you are moving a lot of things, it maybe worthwhile to uncheck "Send email"*
- You're done.