Migrating Issue Components
Let's go through an example, migrating issues from "Blink>Webrtc>GetUserMedia" to "Blink>GetUserMedia".
- Search "All issues" for the component that you want to deprecate (e.g. Blink>>Webrtc>GetUserMedia). Once the results list appears, Select "All," go to the "Actions..." drop down and select "Bulk edit...".
- In the Components field (w/ Append += set), add the replacement component (e.g. Blink>GetUserMedia), followed by the component that you want to remove/ deprecate starting with a minus ("-"). In this example ("-Blink>Webrtc>GetUserMedia). Click the "Update ## Issues" button.
Pro tip: Uncheck the Send email box.
- Once you load up the issue tracker, click on the "Development process" link on the top most menu.
- Select "Components" from the sub-menu that appears.
- Find your component from the current set of "Active components" (Pro tip: There are a lot, so ctrl+F is helpful).
- Check "Deprecated" and click on "Submit changes."
Pro Tip: "Deprecated" versus "Delete component". Both will remove the component from auto-complete, however Delete will remove all references to the component from any existing issues that might have it (e.g. if one were to forget to query for "All issues" to migrate over fixed issues). Delete basically has no "undo," in case a mistake is made. Given that errors happen, it's best practice to use "Deprecated" over delete to afford a measure of recovery.