Monday, April 27, 2015
Performance Tracking (benjhayden)
- Preliminary LayoutAnalyzer-powered UMA findings. A few surprises
already, lots of opportunity for further analysis and more data.
- Working on LayoutTree trace object snapshots and various
Scrolling (skobes) [crbug.com/417782]
- Reviewed bokan's RootFrameViewport change, and investigated a
background painting issue with root layer scrolling + slimming paint
(trchen is now working on a fix).
- Plan to work on testing root layer scrolling on Android this week.
Looking at failing layout tests related to fractional scroll offsets.
Line Boxes (szager) [crbug.com/321237]
- Continued work on line layout LayoutUnit conversions. Have a patch
that sets the barrier between float and LayoutUnit at the InlineBox
level, which seems like the sensible place.
- There is still a performance regression that I haven't been able to
eliminate. Was able to get some small performance wins by looking at
profiling data, but I've hit a wall with that approach. Will discuss
next steps and come up with a plan this week.
Flexbox (cbiesinger) [crbug.com/426898]
More flexbox updates.
Trying to get answers to flexbox spec questions, was promised answers
List marker refactoring (dsinclair) [crbug.com/370461]
- Working on performance of list marker code. New version is slower
then old version. html5-full-render on ToT was ~16.5 seconds for me,
with ListMarkerPseudoElement is ~17.5 seconds.
- Discussions this week on how to proceed with ListMarkerPseudoElement.
Misc Warden (dsinclair, pilgrim)
- Finishing work on decoratedName split, all annotations are moved
over, just finishing off rebaselines. (dsinclair)
More renderer to layoutObject renames. (dsinclair)
Wrapped up selection gap clipping rework. (wkorman)
Working on slimming LayoutObject and pushing bits down to
- Added unit tests for complex text shaping (eae)
Style resolution (rune)
- Working on type selectors for SVG in HTML documents and picking up
componentized style resolver work again. There is some question
about whether the SVG bug is worth fixing.
Region-based multi-column support (mstensho) [crbug.com/334335]
- Found a new crash. Maybe something changed on trunk. Will fix then
- esprehn, ikilpatrick, cbiesinger, ojan, leviw working on coming up
with concrete proposals.