Monday, August 3, 2015
Thanks for running the show last week jsbell. Now back to our regularly
Updates since last meeting (on Monday, July 27th):
Scrolling (skobes, szager) [crbug.com/417782]
Fixed under-painting issue on android. (skobes)
Fixed a regression causing double scrollbars caused a previous bug
- Identified that scrollable elements with animated gifs will do a
full re-layout even if it's composited. (skobes)
- Fixed a hairy flexbox scrollbar bug where the size of the scrollbar
wasn't taken into account when computing the flexed size. (szager)
- Containing work cleaning up DepricatedPaintLayerScrollableArea in an
effort to have sane scroll bounds for the root layer. (szager)
CSS Flexbox (cbiesinger) [crbug.com/426898]
- Had a meeting with CSS flexbox spec authors last week and leared that
some areas of the spec that I've been working on implementing might
change further. Will follow up this week.
Triaged a bunch of flexbox bugs.
Up-streaming flexbox tests have proven harder than expected, might
take a week or two to resolve.
CSS Grid Layout (svillar) [crbug.com/79180]
- cbiesinger have been helping with reviews.
Region-based multi-column support (mstensho) [crbug.com/334335]
Doing a lot of cleanup and bug fixing work.
Containing working on support for nested columns, progressing nicely
but nothing landed yet.
Add API for layout (leviw, pilgrim, ojan) [crbug.com/495288]
- Working on moving layout box and descendants over to use the API.
Isolate core/fetch (japhet) [crbug.com/458222]
- No update.
Text (eae, drott, kojii)
- Text workshop in Helsinki, Behdad and Drott working on optimizing the
- Completed tests for styling and selection, found a few issues as a
result and have been working on fixing those. (drott)
- Unicode range matching is next. (drott)
- Continuing to talk to people about position observer, got lots of
feedback, mostly positive. (slighgtlyoff)
kojii on vacation this week.
drott on vacation this Wednesday until next Friday.
cbiesinger in SF this week.