Monday, September 14, 2015
Updates since last meeting (on Monday, August 31st):
Scrolling (skobes, szager) [crbug.com/417782]
- Landed flexbox change for overflow auto, it's causing a regression
on Mac only in how scrollbars are pained. Hope to sync up with skobes
about that today and resolve it. Other than that no problems and looks
like it'll stick. (szager)
- Landed change running a comb through the scorll bounds code. Should
be pretty reliable for getting minimum and maximum scoll positions
now, while it wasn't before. Likely to have fixed a bunch of off-by-
one scroll bound bugs. (szager).
- Intent to fix regreision and talk about next step for root layer
scrolling with skobes this week. (szager)
- sataya.m from Samsung has fixed almost all of the scrollbar tests,
these are mostly related to custom scrollbars. (skobes)
- Trying to figure out coordinated scrollbars this weeks, turn on for
just the main frame and only for certain platforms. Would be nice to
use this more broadly. (skobes)
CSS Flexbox (cbiesinger) [crbug.com/426898]
- Need to re-think approach to deprecating sizing keywords due to leaks
in CSS parser which resulted in the patch to be reverted.
Will sycn up with ojan re f2f. (cbiesinger)
At CSS face-to-face it was decided to standardize on chrome-impl of
table fixup (i.e. not do it) which will save us some work. (ojan)
CSS Grid Layout (svillar) [crbug.com/79180]
- No update since last week.
Region-based multi-column support (mstensho) [crbug.com/334335]
Fixed handling for unbreakable blocks at top of a column/page.
Updated handling of style changes to ensure they happen in tree order
- Fixed min-height to not have an effect if content is taller than
multicol and height is set to auto.
Add API for layout (leviw, pilgrim, ojan) [crbug.com/495288]
- Still working on line layout api, down to some asserts and debug only
code before we can get rid of the LayoutObject in InlineBox. (pilgrim)
- API is as broad as it needs to be, has all the relevant methods,
thinking about next steps. (pilgrim)
Text (eae, drott, kojii)
Continued work on shaper driven segmentation: (drott)
Implemented an iterative approach so that for each font we can
collect all segment supported by the font.
- Started to work on system font fallback, with the font fallback
iterator now also able to collect and fallback on system fonts.
- Sent out mail about approach to modernazing system font fallback,
on Windows 8.1+ and Mac there are sane fallback APS we could use.
Android has a fallback XML file that is resonable and on linux
fontconfig provides the necesarry information but returns way
too many fonts. (drott)
- Thinking about vertical text, needs reimplementaiton. One idea is to
merge script iteartion with orientation. Trying to implement run
segmenator which uses the script iteator and an orientation iteratior.
Will continue workin on it this week. (drott)
Working on complex path blockers and recent regressions. (kojii)
Working on CJK font fallback issues. (kojii)
Updating CSS Writing Modes spec for resolutions from F2F. (kojii)
Investigating unprefix planning for Writing Modes. (kojii)
Writing Modes spec issues/edits, unprefix planning, and tests. (kojii)
Discussing with drott@ on run segmentation for vertical flow. (kojii)
Looking into high-priority fonts issues. (kojii)
Removed webkit linebox contained. (wkorman)
Happy about juliens documentation improvements. (wkorman)
Reverted patch to remove old containg block logic as it turns out it
was still needed. Will revisit and try again with tests. (ojan)
- Fixed handling of floats for blocks that establishes a new formatting
- Fixed float margin logic to not collapse margins on page or column
- leviw in Amsterdam for a Polymer summit, back on Thursday.