Tuesday, May 26, 2015
New multicol implementation shipped!
Line layout in layout units landing this week!
Updates since last meeting (on Monday, May 18th):
Performance Tracking (benjhayden)
- Continuing work on trace viewer.
Scrolling (skobes) [crbug.com/417782]
- Root layer scrolling broke <body> stretching to viewport in quirks
mode; fix is waiting on code review.
- Page scale factor is a bigger concern: page scaling changes
content size relative to scroll bounds, which doesn't work with root
layer scrolling as currently implemented. Need to teach LayoutView /
DPLScrollableArea how to apply the page scale factor, which could get
Line Boxes (szager) [crbug.com/321237]
- Ready to land, will require a ton of rebaselines.
Flexbox (cbiesinger) [crbug.com/426898]
Discussions around absolut positioning within flexbox.
Updated handling of min-width/min-height.
List marker refactoring (dsinclair) [crbug.com/370461]
- List marker patches in M44 branch. Yay!
Menu list refactoring (dsinclair) [crbug.com/370462]
- Menu list changes landed, with hack to use empty text node instead
of BR for line breaks to ensure proper alignment.
Fullscreen (dsinclair) [crbug.com/370459]
- Taking over work to update fullscreen implementation to not modify
layout tree during layout. Building on previous work by Julien and
James among others.
Misc Warden (dsinclair, pilgrim)
Contining work to slim-dopwn LayoutObject. (pilgrim)
Plan to start helping with WTF to Base conversion this week. (pilgrim)
Region-based multi-column support (mstensho) [crbug.com/334335]
- New multicol implementation shipped!
Working on justification crash issue. (kojii)
Investigating orthogonal writing modes issues. (kojii)
Unicode variation selectors support. (kojii)
Shaping AAT fonts broken on Mac for certain scripts. (eae)
Continuing work on complex text performance. (eae)
Importing CSS Test Suites (kojii)
- Investigating importing CSS Writing Modes test suites
Removing DeprecatedPaintLayer (chadarmstrong)
- Intern Chad Armstrong started, is going to be working on killing
- Design doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YApHVA0hJDWeFGxHPpJ6J5JM5Wcz2h3s24KPSFp8VMg/edit?usp=sharing