List of objectives and key results for the second quarter of 2015.
- Objective / Key Result Owner(s) Status
- Gain insight into real world layout performance
- Improve high-level layout design
- Improve capabilities of the web platform
- Have an experimental out-of-tree node measure API. [jchaffraix] 0.0
- Update flexbox implementation to match latest version of specification. [cbiesinger] 0.8
- Improve CJK vertical text support [redacted, internal metric]. [kojii] 0.9
- Rationalize text rendering
- Improve code health
- Move line layout to LayoutUnit. [szager] 1.0
- Finish root layer scrolling. [skobes] 0.7
- Ensure that bugs get automatically filed for clusterfuzz asserts. [cbiesinger] 1.0
Abandoned to focus on telemetry. Ben moved to telemetry team to ensure that the larger blink team has access to the performance data we need to ensure that RAIL is a success.
Owner(s):jchaffraix (dsinclair, cbiesinger, skobes, eae) Status:0.3
Superseded by larger layout refactoring proposal (“moose”). Part of the refactoring work could still be relevant/applicable in isolation and has been broken out into specific design documents; unrooted layout, removing deprecated paint layer.
Abandoned due to the high implementation complexity, high maintenance costs and relatively low level of enthusiasms from prospective clients. Does not necessarily make sense in isolation and should be considered as a part of a bigger layout refactoring or work to support custom layout. Most prospective use cases can be satisfied with a text metrics API.
Mostly done, will drag into Q3. Initial estimate was a little bit too optimistic.
We unblocked all existing blockers. The metric is stalled for other problems, and one topic is still under discussions, but Blink is no longer the blocker at this point and the failure to meet the goal is outside the control of the blink team.
Owner(s):eae (szager, kojii, behdad) Status:1.0
Done. Complex path speed up by between 3.5x and 30x, as fast or faster than simple path on benchmarks.
Was gated on making complex text as fast as simple. Was a bit too ambitious perhaps, should be doable early Q3.
Work under way, will carry over into Q3.
86% as of early June.
Owner(s):szager (dsinclair) Status:1.0
Fixed various things such as anchor scrolling, quirks mode, hit testing. Partial coverage of unit tests with RLS enabled. Some issues remain with pinch viewport, custom scrollbars, etc. Aiming to finish in Q3.