Blink (Rendering Engine)
Make the Web the premier platform for experiencing the world’s information and deliver the world’s best implementation of the Web platform.
We value transparency and open collaboration. Our goal is for everyone to be able to participate, regardless of organizational affiliation. There are several areas where developer discussions take place:
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the general list for discussions relevant to the design and implementation of web platform features.
- Technical Discussion Groups - Groups dedicated to the discussion of specific areas of the codebase.
- Slack (#blink): We hang out on the #blink channel on chromium.slack.com to have quick, informal discussions and answer questions.
For developers interested in tracking new features, there are several dedicated channels for staying up-to-date:
- Beta Blog Posts: For each new Chrome Beta release (~every six weeks), the Chrome team publishes blog posts outlining the changes to the web platform and the Chrome Apps & Extensions APIs.
- Chrome Developer Relations: Chrome DevRel posts about new features on web.dev, Twitter (@ChromiumDev), and YouTube (Google Chrome Developers channel).
- chromestatus.com: A dashboard where we track new feature development.
- bit.ly/blinkintents: A Google Spreadsheet that lists all "Intent" threads and their approval status.
Blink is implemented on top of an abstract platform and thus cannot be run by itself. The Chromium Content module provides the implementation of this abstract platform required for running Blink.
- How Blink works is a high-level overview of Blink architecture.
- Chromium Content module - Details on the abstract platform required to run Blink.
- Getting Started with Blink Debugging - Best practices on how to debug Blink (using Content Shell).
- Chromium Development - Guides and best practices for Chromium development
- YouTube (Chrome University Playlist) - Introductory lessons that cover the fundamental concepts for Chromium development.
- How we think about making changes to the platform
- Launching a Web Platform Feature
- Removing a Web Platform Feature
- (Video) Intent to Explain: Demystifying the Blink shipping process